Saturday 11 February 2012

Bethulie Houses

Still at 800km...

I enjoy photography best when I have time and I don't have to hurry. That's why I like to stay over in a place that I think will be interesting to explore at my leisure. One nights sleepover is adequate for this and if one can arrive at ones destination in the early afternoon have a bit of a rest and then one has the rest of the day, evening and the following morning to walk around and explore. I usually just walk rather aimlessly around and look for images that I could make . . . 

click on images to enlarge.








These images were done on the afternoon of my arrival and early the next morning before breakfast. We have very harsh light in South Africa and the softest light is found early in the morning and of course later in the afternoon. There is a slight difference between the two and I can best describe it perhaps as crisp and fresh early morning light and tired but warm late afternoon light..

When we arrived in Bethulie after a whole days drive, we left Centurion at about 5hoo and arrived in Bethulie at 17hoo, I had a quick half an hours nap just to recharge my batteries a bit, and then my wife , Cheryl and I went for a stroll through town.

click on images to enlarge...








I used my little Leica X1 for these photographs because I was tired and I just didn't have the energy to take out my 'big' camera with tripod, which is really what I should have done because these photographs are all of structures with no people in them and thus a proper perspective control setup would have been better, but as I said I had just driven 800km over 12hours.....

regards, Ivan..

No comments: