Thursday 7 February 2013

Gladys...


Two minutes with Gladys

I photographed Gladys early one morning as I was walking around the small village of Hofmeyer in the Karoo region of South Africa.  I asked if I could take her photograph and took about 10 photographs in 2 minutes. I think she was a bit shy that I had caught her not quite appropriately dressed because she quickly asked her son to bring her a jersey. She was sitting on her 'stoep'  (veranda) in full view of the passing parade in any event so I am not too concerned showing her here like that...She is having the standard South African breakfast of 'oats pap'  (oats porridge)...and it almost looks like she has some traditional marking or 'paint' on her face or maybe it was just a face mask























So what do you think, which one works best if at all? I include a sepia rendering, but somehow I think I prefer the colour.

Processed in LR4 and Nik Silver Efex2. Camera?....Leica X1

Regards, Ivan


No comments: