Friday 20 January 2012

Between Jagersfontein and Bloemfontein...

at 1158km...

I am going to start at the end and work my way back to the beginning...Why? I thought it would make it easier reading the whole blog when its all finished, as blogs have the last entries first......and just to be a little different.....



























































These were the last images of my trip. I didn't stop again for photographs before I got home some 500km later.

IHere  saw three blue gum trees, a small farm brick dam and some crows. As I was walking around stretching my legs and thinking that I should get moving, there was still a long road ahead before I got home, I saw cattle walking towards the trees and the dam. I waited a bit and made an exposure just as the first cow walked into my viewfinder. I made a few more as the cattle gradually  became visible in the viewfinder but the one I liked most was the one you see here. It sort of emphasizes the vast emptiness and loneliness of the plains.....anyway that's what I thought.



...regards, Ivan


No comments: