Saturday 21 January 2012

Between Pilippolis and Trompsburg...

At 1040km..

As we left Pilippolis on our way to Trompsburg we drove past this horse and cart going at a fast trot towards Trompsburg. 




























click on image to enlarge...

The road is quite narrow here and there is no sandy part between the tar and the veld to park ones car. I noticed a rest spot a couple of hundred meters ahead on the opposite side of the road and I hastened to park the car and get my camera ready for the horse and cart when it reaches me. I thought I would try one of those 'pan' images with the horse and cart sharpish but the background blurry from the pan...so I got ready and waited for the contraption to speed past...Unfortunately as the horses became visible in the viewfinder I heard the noise of a car at high speed and I had to step back and at the perfect moment , as bad luck would have it the car overtook the horse and cart and sped past. Photo opportunity ruined...!

Fortunately the driver stopped to have a look at me, so I snapped off a few images. The drivers name was Dot and strangely one of his passengers kept covering his face when I took the photographs......

...thanks, Ivan

No comments: