Saturday 14 January 2012

A Farm near Standerton....

The Landscapes of an African Farm near Standerton, South Africa......


On Thursday I travelled to photograph a farm near Standarton. Initially the owner asked me to photograph his Bonsmara stock. The Bonsmara breed is a local one that was specially bred for South African conditions.



























The day before I left I was also asked to photograph the farm itself and the buildings. I was a bit sceptical because the typical farm and buildings are just about so-so..

Greatly was my surprise when I arrived and saw how beautiful the farm was. There were also some very old buildings and stables and an imposing main house, allegedly designed  by a most famous South African architect, sir Herbert Baker of Union Buildings fame....

click on images to enlarge....








  


As usual, by late afternoon we experienced a typical late afternoon highveld thunderstorm which interrupted the photography a bit but produced spectacular skies.

Next, the architecture on the farm and lastly the Bonsmara cattle.....

Regards, Ivan




No comments: